Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Hope Man and Peace Man on NPR Today

Life in Gaza and Sderot, photo uploaded on Flickr by Bert Kommerij

I heard Hope man on NPR today. Wow. So exciting and encouraging. I have mentioned this blog in a previous post and have it listed on my blog roll.

In case you missed it, this blog is written by two men. Hope man writes from Sderot, a border town on the Israeli side, and Peace man writes from inside Gaza. You really have to check out this blog. They describe their experiences from opposite sides of the conflict. Heartbreaking and inspiring at the same time.

Peace man has not posted in several days since this invasion began. The NPR journalist asked Hope man if he had any word on Peace man. Hope man said he had received a text that day. A very short text stating that he was okay. I sighed in relief... and I bet so did all their blog followers.

This blog was written about in the French newspaper Le Monde. Check out the comments left for these two men after every post. This is what I am talking about. Dialogue, not bombs. Here is the blog address and also a link to the NPR report.

Life in Gaza and Sderot Blog:
http://gaza-sderot.blogspot.com

NPR report:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=99053041

I found the photo above on Flickr. It is a poster for a series of 2 minute film episodes on Life in Gaza and Sderot. This is not in anyway tied to the blog, however, if you would like some visuals, check it out.

Film episodes for Life in Gaza and Sdeort:
http://gaza-sderot.arte.tv/

One last thing, I have been told I am not linking, but merely putting in URL addresses. Sorry. I can't seem to find out how to link. Please take the time to copy and paste it into your browser until I become more blog savvy. Thank you in advance for your patience.

No comments: