Monday, July 09, 2007

Abe and Twain



Lincoln Memorial (Posted by Stuck in Customs, Flickr)



Mark Twain (Posted by Kleopatrjones, Flickr)


These quotes were posted on a friend's myspace page and I just love them. I'm with abe and twain.

One last thing, I recently read that animals do not know of their own mortality. We are the only animal that does. Never thought about that before. Explains a lot don't you think?


"The scientist who yields anything to theology, however slight, is yielding to ignorance and false pretenses, and as certainly as if he granted that a horse-hair put into a bottle of water will turn into a snake. - H.L. Mencken

"Man is the religious animal. He is the only religious animal. He is the only
animal that has the True Religion –- several of them. He is the only animal that
loves his neighbor as himself and cuts his throat, if his theology isn't straight.
He has made a graveyard of the globe in trying his honest best to smooth his brother's path to happiness and heaven." - Mark Twain

"I have as much authority as the Pope. I just don't have as many people
who believe it." - George Carlin

"When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad. That's my religion."
- Abraham Lincoln

No comments: